This was part of an old textile company in Chattanooga, TN. In 2004, a three man demolition crew illegally removed asbestos from the property and created asbestos-containing dust that contaminated the area of 17th Street between Watkins and Dodds avenues. The men were later sentenced to four years behind bars in a federal courtroom.
The company that owned the building was called Standard Coosa-Thatcher. It was founded in Piedmont, Alabama in 1891. The Chattanooga location was built in 1925.
Today, the old factory has been vacant for over 20-years. Reports indicate it may soon be developed into luxury apartments.